The EnAct-SDGs project aims to create a dynamic network of universities, research institutes, industry and professionals to develop a roadmap to a modernised education. The project aims to promote innovation and new skills for sustainable development among the East and Southeast Europe (ESEE) university graduates and raw materials professionals.
Modern education with sustainable development principles
The main goal of the EnAct-SDGs project is to build a dynamic, self-sustained ecosystem and network of academia, research and business professionals from the raw materials sector and develop an action plan that will act as a driver to:
- modernise the raw materials university education practices
- ensure the incorporation of the Sustainable Development Goals principles in the education programmes of the ESEE universities
- strengthen the skills and increase the capacity of raw materials university graduates and professionals
EnAct-SDGs project will attract undergraduate students related to the raw materials sector to join pilot schools organised by three universities: National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), AGH University of Science and Technology and Technical University of Košice (TUKE).
Connecting industry, research and education
EnAct-SDGs partners include three ESEE universities (NTUA, AGH and TUKE), three knowledge provider universities (TUBAF, MUL and the University of Trento), research and technology organisation (HIT – Hub Innovazione Trentino), industry partner (MYTILINEOS), and four RIS partners (Employers’ Organisation of Polish Copper – Poland, the National Technology Platform for Research, Development and Innovation of Raw Material – Slovakia, Panhellenic Association of Graduate Mining and Metallurgical Engineers – Greece and Greek Mining Enterprises Association – Greece), representing six countries across Europe.
The project will also cooperate with the EIT RawMaterilas Regional Innovation Centers in Leoben and Freiberg, as well as Regional Innovation Hubs in Greece and Košice. Connecting stakeholders from industry, research and education will support the project’s goal to strengthen the skills for sustainable development and address the challenges faced by the industry.
Connecting stakeholders from industry, research and education will support the project’s goal to strengthen the skills for sustainable development and address the challenges faced by the industry.
Become a part of the EnAct-SDGs Network
The EnAct-SDGs project is looking for stakeholders from the Raw Materials Knowledge Triangle, primarily from the RIS eligible countries, that would like to join the EnAct-SDGs network and actively participate in the project’s activities such as:
- Participate in the pilot schools of EnAct-SDGs as student, mentor, lecturer, trainer, industry representative, challenge provider etc.
- Participate in the newtorking and capacity building events and working meetings
- Participate in thematic working groups
- Participate in Surveys, interviews for the assessment of the ESEE RM Universities Curricula and the identification of the educational needs of the RM sector
- Participate in the assessment of the ESEE Raw Materials Universities Curricula
- Participate in the development of the Action Plan for the modernization of the ESEE RM Universities Curricula
- Disseminate and communicate the project activities
If you are interested in actively participating in the project activities please contact us at email@example.com.
Participants will have to sign a collaboration agreement with one of the EnAct-SDGs partners.
If you wish to receive news and updates on the project and invitations to participate in our activities you can subscribe to the EnAct-SDGs mailing list.