21-23 September 2021 – Online
EnAct-SDGs: Enhancing the skills of East and South East Europe (ESEE) Raw Materials students towards the achievement of SDGs
- The EnAct-SDGs 2nd Pilot summer school is a three days hands-on online school on Innovation & Entrepreneurship for the Raw Materials industry. The programme is driven by the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and circular economy principles. Students will work with entrepreneurs and industry partners using design thinking and lean startup methodologies to tackle on challenges in the Raw Materials industry and generate new business ideas.
Participants will acquire new skills, learn to use new tools and develop a new mindset that will help building up their careers as innovation professionals.
The school combines lectures and mentoring from renowned experts in the field along with a hands-on approach where participants work autonomously in teams to understand the industrial challenge and to prototype and validate business solutions.
The programme curriculum is provided by the University of Trento, Hub Innovation Trentino, TU Freiberg and Montanuniversität Leoben.
WHEN / HOURS
- 21-23 September 2021
- Online (zoom + miro + gsuite, etc.)
- 3 half days online and afternoon groupwork
- Intensive programme: 3 half days comprising various online activities (lectures, interactive workshops, team mentorship, teamwork, socializing events) along with offline individual / group work in the afternoon with access to mentors.
- Online/ Zoom + Miro + Gsuite
- local organiser: AGH University of Science and Technology
WHO IS IT FOR?
The school is addressed primarily to students that have completed the 4th semester of their studies or new graduates, coming from the three ESEE Universities that participate in the project (– NTUA National Technical University of Athens, School of Mining and Metallurgical Engineering, Greece; – AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland; TUKE Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia). Students form Raw Materials Universities from RIS* countries (and especially the ESEE region) are also welcome to apply.
* Eligible countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romani
Students applications will be evaluated by a selection committee based on the following criteria:
- The average grade for the semesters of completed studies
- No of completed semester
- Activity as research authorship, scientific club membership, student chapters, presentation at conferences etc…
- Confirmed English language ability – min. B2 certificate.
- Commission’s activities on gender equality in Horizon 2020 will be fully complied with (https://eige.europa.eu/sites/default/files/h2020-hi-guide-gender_en.pdf).
HOW TO APPLY
• Letter of Motivation & Curriculum Vitae (resume)
• Confirmed English language ability – min. B2 certificate e, e.g. English Language Diploma (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Certificate or equivalent)
• Documentation of the average grades for the semesters of completed studies
• Additional activities. This can be documented work in a student scientific club or other scientific organization, presented lectures at student scientific sessions, seminars and conferences, published articles in scientific and popular science journals etc.
Apply online by 05/09/2021
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
For further clarifications you can contact:
Students from TUKE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students from NTUA: email@example.com
Students from AGH: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 1st Pilot School of the EnAct-SDGs project was successfully organized on September 28-30 2020